Lafage is an old stone farmhouse at the edge of the village (under 5 min walk from the centre), straight across the valley from the medieval chateau. The house has been sympathetically modernised to retain centuries’ worth of character. A million miles from modern holiday complexes, a mix of new and traditional blend to give a villa which is comfortable home from home
The property is set in a large, private garden with shady areas and sun-traps, terraces and seating areas. Behind the house is a large (35 ft) chlorine-free pool with sun-loungers and safety cover.
Garden furniture and barbeque are provided.
- ·Lounge- Large, comfortable, beamed room with original stone inglenook fireplace fitted with wood-burning stove. Furnishings include two large comfortable sofas, television (local stations only), DVD player, speakers for your own mp3 player. LIBRARY- see below
- ·Kitchen- dining-room The kitchen is well equipped with a dishwasher, a four-ring gas hob, electric oven, microwave and fridge, radio/cd/cassette player. The drawers and presses are filled with everything you could possibly need to help you to enjoy the regional delights- from oyster knives to corkscrews and plenty of glasses!
- The dining area is furnished with a traditional armoire and a large table, which extends to seat ten comfortably.
From the dining room are steps leading to:tower section of house.
·Upper ‘tower’ level:
- -One twin bedroom with wardrobe, hairdyer, foldaway cot
- -bathroom- stocked with basic toiletries- shampoo, conditioner, razors, shaving foam,
Attic level :.
- Large family or children's room with airconditioning unit, one double bed and two singles. Exposed beams
·Lower ‘tower’ level:
- -Large master bedroom with 5ft (150cm) bed, ensuite shower/ sink/ toilet. Underfloor heating. Access to basement:
Basement: Large cellar with washing machine, dryer and ample storage for bikes, roof box etc.
There is electric heating throughout. Hairdryer, iron and ironing board supplied.